27 June – Orangeraie Room main Conference Centre – Attended by ALAC Liaison to the GNSO Council.
An informal and open meeting where the GNSO Council discussed the inputs and outcomes from the GNSO meetings held during ICANN 65, and where relevant noted any action items and next steps, as well as allocated Councillors responsible for or liaison to these activities and actions.
As a general Policy Meeting it is also useful to reference the Pre-ICANN65 Policy Report: https://go.icann.org/pre65
The agenda wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/VoaGBg
Agenda annotated with volunteers form COuncil now responsible for AI’s and follow up
- Review of ICANN65 GAC Advice https://gac.icann.org/contentMigrated/icann65-marrakech-communique (Julf, Michale,
- Next steps for ATRT3 (Council will consider the need or otherwise to replace Erica who needs to retire from ATRT3 at end of Aug)
- Reminder of small team activities:
- Input on the IRP Standing Panel (Volunteers: Flip, Elsa)
- IDNs (Volunteers: Rubens, Maxim, Philippe, Edmon)
i. Seek additional volunteers outside of Council at this stage? If so, how?
- CCT-RT Recommendations (Volunteers: Pam)
- IGO-INGO Charter Drafting (Volunteers: Martin, Elsa, Paul)
- Correspondence and proposed next steps for:
- Request for Clarification on Data Accuracy and Phase-2 of the Expedited Policy Development Process (EPDP) on the Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data
- ICANN org’s preparation toward implementation of a new round of gTLDs (assumptions document)
- ICANN66 Meeting Planning
- Whether to have an informal dinner (and volunteer to organize if yes)
- Input to leadership for planning purposes
- Council liaison replacement (Reconvened WG on Red Cross- IRT: Currently Keith)
- Reminder – Attend Impacts of EPDP Phase 1 session from 15:15-16:45 (https://65.schedule.icann.org/meetings/1058195)